- Chinese mainland reported 2,048 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, bringing total to 70,548.
- Hubei province reported 1,933 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus and 100 new fatalities on Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reported 2,009 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 142 new deaths.
- Hubei province reported 1,843 new coronavirus infections in one day on Feb 15, including 888 clinical cases.
- New cases outside Hubei decline for 12 straight days.
- Chinese mainland reported 2,641 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 143 new deaths. More
- A total of 217 medical teams with 25,633 medics have arrived in Hubei to help.
- The use of cabin hospitals won't result in cross infection while it has achieved good performance, said a senior health official.
- Daily new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease outside Hubei, the epicenter province in the outbreak, have been dropping for 11 consecutive days.
- France confirms first novel coronavirus death in Europe.
- Chinese mainland reported 5,090 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 121 new deaths on Feb 13.
- Hubei province reported 4,823 new coronavirus infections in one day on Feb 13, including 3,095 clinical cases.
- A total of 1,716 medical staff contracted novel coronavirus as of 24:00 Feb 11, and six died: National Health Commission.
- The central government has required for better working and living environment for medical staff working at the frontline to combat the novel coronavirus.
- Chinese mainland reported 15,152 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 254 new deaths on Feb 12.
- Hubei province reported 14,840 new coronavirus cases, including 13,332 clinically diagnosed cases, on Feb 12. The hard-hit province also reported 242 new deaths from the infection on the same day.
- A revision in the diagnosis criteria for the novel coronavirus pneumonia in Hubei province has resulted in a sudden surge in the number of confirmed patients in the province on Wednesday.
- Ying Yong appointed new Party chief of Hubei province, replacing Jiang Chaoliang.
- Wang Zhonglin appointed as Party chief of Wuhan, Hubei province.
- New infections decline to 2,015 with 97 new fatalities reported on Chinese mainland on Feb 11; Cumulative infections stand at 44,653
- A total of 1,638 new cases of the novel coronavirus were reported in Hubei on Tuesday, the first day with fewer than 2,000 cases reported since Feb 2
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has named the virus COVID-19
- No confirmed or suspected novel coronavirus patients remain in Tibet as single patient is discharged
- The cure rate for novel coronavirus pneumonia patients on the Chinese mainland jumped to 10.6 percent on Feb 11 from a low of 1.3 percent on Jan 27
- A three-month-old baby girl in Haikou, the youngest novel coronavirus patient, has recovered and been discharged from hospital
- China to promote online employment services, suspend campus job fairs for college graduates, aiming to avoid outbreak.
- Death toll climbed to 1,016 with 42,638 confirmed cases reported on the Chinese mainland, as of Feb 10
- The top two officials of the Hubei provincial health commission have been removed from their posts; The two posts will be both shouldered by Wang Hesheng, who was announced to be appointed on Feb 8 as standing committee member of the CPC Hubei Provincial Committee
- The death toll rises to 908 with 40,171 total confirmed cases on Chinese mainland as of Feb 9
- The World Health Organization has sent a team of international experts to China. The team, led by Bruce Aylward, a veteran of past public health emergencies, will arrive in Beijing tonight.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 37,198 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 8, including 811 deaths.
- Hubei reported 27,100 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 8, including 780 deaths.
- An investigation team dispatched by the National Supervisory Commission has arrived in Wuhan to probe into issues related to Dr Li Wenliang.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 34,546 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 7, including 722 deaths.
- Hubei reports 2,841 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection.
- 1,600 beds for Leishenshan Hospital to be delivered in Wuhan.
- Wang Hesheng, the incumbent vice-minister of the National Health Commission, has been appointed a standing committee member of CPC Hubei Provincial Committee.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 31,161 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 6, including 636 deaths.
- Hubei reported 22,112 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 6, including 618 deaths.
- A 91-year-old man has recovered from novel coronavirus and was discharged from hospital in Hubei.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 28,018 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 5, including 563 deaths.
- Hubei reported 19,665 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 5, including 549 deaths.
- Clinical trials of the United States biotech company Gilead Sciences' experimental drug Remdesivir have begun in Wuhan.
- Charter flights have brought over 1,500 people back home to Hubei province from overseas.
- Transport authorities will control passenger numbers on public transport during the return leg of the Spring Festival travel rush to contain the spread of novel coronavirus, says Ministry of Transport.
- 14 medical staff infected with novel coronavirus have been all discharged from Wuhan Union Hospital
- Two newborns in Wuhan diagnosed with novel coronavirus infection, suggesting possible mother-to-fetus transmission
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 24,324 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 4, including 490 deaths.
- Hubei reported 16,678 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 4, including 479 deaths.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 20,438 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 3, including 425 deaths.
- Hubei reported 13,522 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 3, including 414 deaths.
- Huoshenshan Hospital, one of two hospitals in Wuhan being built to contain the novel coronavirus outbreak, started to treat patients infected.
- The construction of three mobile cabin hospitals in Wuhan has picked up steam as part of the efforts to contain and treat patients suspected of contracting the novel coronavirus.
- Most patients that have been infected with the new coronavirus only show mild symptoms, Jiao Yahui, an official with the National Health Commission, said.
- National data shows number of patients in daily fever clinic continues to decline, Jiao Yahui, an official with the National Health Commission, said.
- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, urged further efforts to strengthen measures in the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 17,205 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 2, including 361 deaths.
- Hubei reported 11,177 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 2, including 350 deaths.
- China is stepping up the supplies of daily necessities and urging more companies to restore production to step up supplies to Hubei province.
- The PLA has established a transport support team of 260 soliders and 130 trucks, tasking it with assisting local logistic companies in Wuhan to transport daily necessities such as vegetables.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 14,380 in Chinese mainland as of Feb 1, including 304 deaths.
- Hubei reported 9,074 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Feb 1, including 294 deaths.
- A total of 1,400 medical workers from the PLA will start on Monday (Feb 3) receiving and treating patients at Huoshenshan Hospital, which was built in nine days and was formally delivered to the military on Sunday (Feb 2) morning.
- A total of 328 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery.
- Canada Health Minister Patty Hajdu says Canada is not ready to declare a national emergency over the coronavirus outbreak.
- Foreign materials donated by overseas donors for prevention and control of the pneumonia outbreak will be exempted from import tax until late March.
- The National Health Commission says the bodies of dead novel coronavirus patients should be cremated nearby and should not be transported to other places.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 11,791 in Chinese mainland as of Jan 31, including 259 deaths.
- Hubei reported 7,153 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Jan 31, including 249 deaths.
- Hubei will extend the weeklong Spring Festival holiday to Feb 13 for all local residents, including people who came to Hubei for the holiday.
--The Shanghai Health Commission reported another 16 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus pneumonia as of noon Feb 1, with the total number of confirmed cases reaching 169.
--Three patients were cured and discharged from Hangzhou Xixi Hospital, marking the first batch of cured patients in Hangzhou. Among the three cured, one is a four-year-old girl surnamed Bai.
-- Wenzhou reported 14 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus as of midnight of Jan 31, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the city to 241. The figure made it as a city with most coronavirus cases outside Hubei province.
- The Ministry of Civil Affairs on Friday advised the public to simplify funerals and cancel wedding dinner parties in a bid to reduce possible transmission of the novel coronavirus.
- The Chinese government will send charter flights overseas to return people from Hubei province especially residents of Wuhan city, given consideration to the actual difficulties they are facing now abroad, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Friday.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 9,692 in Chinese mainland as of Jan 30, including 213 deaths.
- Hubei reported 5,806 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Thursday, including 204 deaths
- Shanghai announced on Friday that 16 new cases of infection caused by the novel coronavirus were confirmed on the previous day, bringing the total confirmed cases in the municipality to 128 by midnight Thursday.
- China Railway Corporation set up big data base to trace passengers on same trains with pneumonia patients.
- China will provide a daily subsidy of 300 yuan per person to medics in close contact with people with coronavirus.
- All football matches in China will be delayed due to the outbreak of epidemic, said Chinese Football Association.
- By 8 pm on Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus pneumonia in Beijing had risen to 111 and one patient was dead, according to the capital’s health commission.
- Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region reported the first confirmed case of novel coronavirus pneumonia Thursday, according to local health authorities.
- The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 7,711 in Chinese mainland as of Jan 29, including 170 deaths.
- Hubei reported 4,586 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Wednesday, including 162 deaths.
- Lhasa, capital of Tibet autonomous region, reported the first suspected case of novel coronavirus pneumonia.
- 5,974 confirmed coronavirus cases and 132 deaths reported on the Chinese mainland as of 24:00 on Jan 28
- So far, a total of 6,097 medical employees from 26 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions, as well as three military hospitals have been sent to Hubei.
- Hubei reported 3,554 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus as of Tuesday, including 125 deaths.
- Nurseries, early learning centers ordered to close to protect kids
- The Ministry of Finance allocated 4.4 billion yuan to support the battle across the country against the novel coronavirus.
- China's centrally-administered state-owned enterprises (SOEs) donate 600 million yuan to aid Hubei's coronavirus control.
- Reception areas for people to make complaints and proposals in the central and state organs will be temporarily closed.
- The World Health Organization said that it will send international experts to China as soon as possible to increase understanding of the novel coronavirus outbreak situation and guide the global counter-epidemic efforts.
- President Xi Jinping meets with Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general of the World Health Organization, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
- 4,515 confirmed coronavirus cases and 106 deaths reported on the Chinese mainland as of 24:00 on Jan 27
- As of Monday midnight, Hubei had reported 2,714 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus, including 100 deaths.
- Beijing reports capital's first death from the novel coronavirus on Jan 27 as the total number of confirmed cases in the area climbed to 80.
- China postpones school semester amid novel coronavirus outbreak.
- China sends nearly 6,000 medical workers from across the country to Hubei in virus fight.
- Southwest China's Tibet autonomous region, the only provincial region that hasn't reported any novel coronavirus cases, has temporarily suspended the operation of all its scenic attractions to tourists.
- Entrusted by President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang arrived in Wuhan to offer instructions on epidemic control and prevention.
- All TOEFL, GRE and IELTS tests in the Chinese mainland in February will be canceled amid the ongoing novel coranavirus pneumonia outbreak
- WHO chief to visit China on novel coronavirus outbreak
- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases increased to 2,744 on the Chinese mainland, with 80 deaths.
- China allocates 11.21 billion yuan for epidemic prevention
- Immigration service in Wuhan will be suspended starting Monday till Jan 30 to better control the spread of novel coronavirus.
- Shanghai confirms 13 new coronavirus cases, total now 53
- Hubei province reported 24 new fatalities, bringing the total number of deaths from the pneumonia-related disease to 76 as of Sunday night.
- State Council announced plans to extend the Spring Festival holiday to Feb 2 as a key measure to control the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Shanghai will postpone the start of Spring semester at schools from kindergarten to university to no earlier than Feb 17 and require all companies not to resume work before Feb 9.
- More than 5 million people have left Wuhan due to the Spring Festival and epidemic, and about 9 million people are still in the city, Wuhan Mayor Zhou Xianwang said on Sunday night.
- Five new infections of the novel coronavirus were confirmed in Beijing from 6 pm to 9 pm on Sunday, including a nine-month old girl, CCTV reports.
- Wuhan mayor expects 1,000 new cases of virus infection.
- 1,975 confirmed coronavirus cases on the Chinese mainland as of 24:00 on Jan 25
- 56 deaths on the Chinese mainland
- Hubei province reported 13 new fatalities, bringing the total number of deaths to 52, and a total number of 1,052 cases
- Beijing added 10 cases from 5 pm to 11 pm on Saturday, 51 confirmed cases
- 49 being treated, with one in critical condition, in Bejing
- 30 provincial-level regions have activated first-level emergency response
- Shanghai confirmed seven novel coronavirus cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the city to 40
- 1287 confirmed infection cases on the Chinese mainland as of 24:00 on Jan 24
- Highest public health alert for 30 provincial-level regions
- 41 deaths out of the 1287 cases
- 10 in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan
- Wuhan to build another hospital for coronavirus patients
- Wuhan calls for more material help to deal with virus
- Group tours, travel packages suspended across China
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed
- Early symptoms may not contain fever, fatigue and coughs
- Hubei province has raised health alert to highest level
- WHO refused to declare the virus a global health emergency